Hi there, I’m Jen, and it’s nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy checking out my recipes, and please feel free to send comments about anything you try. I love hearing from you!
All of the recipes posted on The Scrumptious Pumpkin are original and created by me.
In fact, I started this website waaaay back in 2012 for two reasons:
- Blogging was still really new, I was fascinated with all the blogs I read, and I wanted to learn how to create my own website.
- I loved food and wanted to grow and develop my cooking skills.
Over time, this little hobby of a food blog has grown to well over 3 million views (and counting) and a steady income stream each month!
A lot has changed since I started The Scrumptious Pumpkin, though…
Namely, my family! I now have a husband (Chris), a toddler son (Trevor), and a beagle (Calvin).
Chris and I both strive to eat healthy, but we also crave comfort food.
And Trevor – who’s an opinionated two-year-old – is hard to please, at best!
So my family definitely keeps me on my toes in terms of developing new recipes!
If I had to use three words to describe my cooking style, they would be:
What “healthy” cooking means to me: recipes that are full of fresh, whole ingredients. I try to include lots of fresh fruits, veggies, and herbs in all of my recipes (sometimes I make them the star of the dish and sometimes I sneak them in!) Ingredients I love include lots of whole grains, nuts, beans, and lean proteins (like chicken and fish). I also enjoy cooking a lot of vegetarian and vegan meals.
If you’d like to check out some of my most popular recipes with lots of fresh, healthy, whole ingredients, try:
- Easy Thai: Coconut Curry White Fish
- Detox Smoothie – Triple Berry Chia
- Greek Tomato-Feta Quinoa Salad
- Grilled Vegetable and Black Bean Fajitas
Although I like cooking healthy recipes, I don’t ever want to sacrifice flavor! So I love creating healthier new twists on comfort food classics. Cooking for a family, I find that if it’s not comforting and flavorful and tasty, no one will eat it!
If you’d like to check out some of my most popular healthy comfort food recipes, try:
- Cheesy Broccoli Skillet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Stew
- My Ultimate Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie
- Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan Bites
Although I love cooking with fresh, whole ingredients, I don’t have a lot of time to prepare dinner every night. So my recipes are all simple and approachable and easy to prepare on a weeknight. I love creating 30-minute meals, slow cooker meals, and one-dish recipes. Anything that simplifies things!
If you’d like to check out some of my most popular time-saving recipes, try:
- 20-Minute Tomato-Basil Grilled Fish Foil Packets
- 30-Minute Cheesy Broccoli Pasta Bake
- Easy 20-Minute Taco Bowls
- 20-Minute Vegan Chili
And If You’d Like to Learn More, Check Out:
- An Index Of All Of My Recipes
- My Travel Blog, Featuring My Family and All Of Our Adventures
- All About Our Beagle Calvin and His Crazy Antics