Total Time: 35 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 4 tablespoons sesame, sunflower, or canola oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, fat trimmed and cubed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 small carrots, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely diced
- 12 ounces frozen chopped cauliflower florets, thawed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Garam Masala (see recipe below)
- 15-ounce container chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Garam Masala:
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- To a bowl, add all the spices listed above for the Garam Masala. Stir until well combined, and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper and sauté the chicken until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer chicken to a bowl, cover with foil, and set aside.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil to the pan along with the onion and garlic and cook until veggies are softened, about 1-2 minutes. Add the carrots and jalapeño and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken back in, along with the thawed cauliflower, tomato paste, and the Garam Masala. Stir until spices are well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, simmer, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Turn off the heat and add coconut milk. Stir until well combined.
- Serve over brown rice.