For the Parmesan Dijon Chicken Tenders:
- 20 ounces organic, pastured (grass-fed) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup organic Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup parmesan, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Honey Dijon Dipping Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons organic dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons organic honey
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut chicken breasts into evenly-sized strips (ensuring that chicken strips are equally sized will allow them to cook evenly in the oven).
- Spread a thin layer of Dijon over each side of each chicken strip.
- To a large dish or tray, stir and combine the panko, grated parmesan, thyme, and garlic powder. Place each chicken strip in panko mixture, flipping, ensuring every side is well coated with breading.
- Arrange chicken strips on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Pour olive oil all over the tops of each chicken strip. Season chicken thoroughly with salt and pepper.
- Cook in the oven until tops are crispy and lightly browned, about 24-26 minutes.
- Meanwhile, as chicken is cooking, prepare Honey Dijon Dipping Sauce: add the three ingredients (dijon, honey, and thyme) to a bowl and stir until well combined. Serve alongside chicken tenders.
Keywords: healthy, baked, chicken, chicken fingers, chicken tenders, easy, dijon, parmesan