- 1 1/2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup onion, diced (about 1/3 small onion)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into quarter-inch pieces (be sure to remove and discard ends (lower third) of spears)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup organic frozen sweet corn
- 1 cup baby arugula, chopped
- 1 cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Heat vegetable broth in the microwave until hot but not boiling, about 2 minutes. Cover and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat, and add the onion. Cook until onion is softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the quinoa and cook until lightly browned and toasted, stirring often, about 1 minute.
- Add the wine and stir until well combined. Simmer, stirring frequently, until wine is reduced, about 2 minutes.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the vegetable broth. Stir and allow the broth to lightly simmer until reduced.
- When most of the broth is cooked away, add another 1/2 cup of vegetable broth. Repeat this process until quinoa is tender and al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, as quinoa cooks, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the asparagus and thyme and cook until asparagus is heated but still lightly crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Add the corn and chopped arugula, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until corn is heated through and arugula is wilted, about 1 minute.
- Add asparagus and corn mixture to the saucepan containing the cooked quinoa. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and grated parmesan. Stir until well combined and season thoroughly with salt and pepper.
- Top with fresh chopped chives, and serve.
Keywords: quinoa, risotto, ancient grains, easy, 30 minute meal, healthy, spring, asparagus, corn, herb, arugula, parmesan