30 minutes is all you need to create this easy and flavorful eggplant pasta skillet. It’s cheesy, comforting, delicious and packed with healthy ingredients!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 16 ounces organic whole wheat rotini or fusilli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 small eggplant, cubed
- 26 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon agave (or substitute organic honey or granulated sugar)
- 1 cup baby arugula, chopped
- 1/2 cup basil, chopped
- 6 ounces organic mozzarella, cubed (or substitute organic shredded Italian cheese blend)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Boil a large pot of water. Salt the water and add the pasta. Cook until just al dente, about 7-9 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, as the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until garlic is softened, about 2-4 minutes. Add the eggplant, chopped tomatoes, and agave. Season well with salt and pepper, and stir until combined. Cook, stirring occasionally, until eggplant is softened, about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Immediately add the drained pasta to the skillet, along with the arugula, basil, and mozzarella. Stir until greens are wilted, cheese is melted, and everything is well combined. Season to your taste with salt and pepper. Serve.