Here’s an easy weeknight skillet lasagna recipe that’s ready in about 30 minutes. Richly flavorful and comforting, it’s also vegetarian and healthy!
10 ounces whole wheat farfalle (butterfly or bow-tie pasta)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 1/3 cups carrots, diced (about 3 small carrots)
1 cup celery, diced (about 3 small celery ribs)
2 bay leaves
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup onion, diced (about 1/3 small onion)
8 ounces mushrooms, diced
1/2 cup dry red wine
1 Tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon dried oregano
18 ounces diced tomatoes (or chopped tomatoes)
1/4 cup organic ricotta
1 1/2 cups organic shredded Italian cheese blend
Sea salt and ground black pepper
Parsley, chopped (optional)
- Fill a stock pot with water and bring to a boil. Salt the water, and add farfalle pasta. Cook according to package instructions and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, celery, and bay leaves and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the garlic, onion, and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the red wine and cook until reduced, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the honey, oregano, and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thick and chunky, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in ricotta and farfalle. Season with salt, and stir until well combined.
- Top lasagna with shredded Italian cheese blend. Place skillet under oven broiler and cook until cheese is melted and golden, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with parsley, and serve.
Keywords: Easy, Healthy, Vegetarian, Vegetable, Skillet, Lasagna