A quick and simple summer grilling recipe, this 30-minute grilled flatbread is full of fresh summer flavors like juicy peaches and creamy mozzarella!
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons plus 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 large peach, pitted and halved
- 2 whole wheat naan
- 5 ounces fresh mozzerella, cut into quarter-inch slices
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- To a small saucepan, add the balsamic and honey. Heat over medium heat, stirring often with a wooden spoon, allowing the mixture to simmer. After about 6-9 minutes, the sauce should become thick, like a syrup, and reduced by about half.
- Important: be sure to immediately pour the sauce into a bowl to allow it to cool. The balsamic glaze will continue to cook, harden, and stick to the bottom if it’s left in the pan.
- Meanwhile, brush the peaches all over with honey. Prepare the grill for medium heat. Place the peach halves on the grill and cook until slightly softened, about 6-7 minutes. Peaches should have light golden grill marks. Allow the peaces to cool, then thinly slice.
- Arrange peach slices and sliced mozzarella on naan. Season thoroughly with salt and pepper. Place on the grill, still set to medium heat, and cook until cheese is melted and naan is crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer flatbreads to a serving platter. Drizzle on the balsamic honey glaze and olive oil. Top each flatbread with chopped basil. Quarter each flatbread with a pizza cutter, and serve.
Keywords: caprese, flatbread, pizza, grilling, peach