Feta + tomatoes + honey + an oven = magic! This easy Baked Feta recipe makes the most delicious, flavorful (and healthy!) appetizer or meatless meal!
- 1 Tablespoon pine nuts
- 8 ounce block of organic feta cheese (not crumbled feta)
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (or substitute parsley)
- Ground black pepper
- Whole grain pita chips, whole grain crackers, toasted whole wheat naan, focaccia, baguette, or garlic bread (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange pine nuts on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Toast in the oven until lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Watch carefully, pine nuts burn quickly! Set aside.
- Adjust oven heat to 400 degrees F.
- Place block of feta in a small casserole dish. Arrange the cherry tomatoes both on top of and alongside the feta.
- Add the olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, honey, and garlic to a small mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined. Season with ground black pepper.
- Pour the olive oil mixture all over the feta and tomatoes.
- Cover the casserole dish with foil and bake in the oven about 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and place back in oven until cheese and tomatoes are softened and olive oil mixture is bubbling, about 10 minutes.
- Allow dish to cool slightly. Arrange toasted pine nuts and chopped basil (or parsley) over the top.
- Serve while baked feta is still warm, while the cheese is soft and spreadable.
- Serve with pita chips, crackers, naan, focaccia, baguette, or garlic bread.
- After spreading some feta and tomatoes on your bread, be sure to use that bread to soak up all of the delicious honey-lemon flavor of the olive oil mixture. The sauce is where all of the flavor is!
- I find that the feta is so salty, it’s not necessary to season the tomatoes or olive oil mixture with salt.
Keywords: Greek, Baked Feta, Dips, Appetizers, Summer, Feta, Tomato, Olive Oil, Honey