This pumpkin pasta is healthy vegetarian comfort food that’s ready in 30 minutes. Made with pumpkin purée, pumpkin ale, and crispy parmesan breadcrumbs.
- 3 cups chopped whole grain bread
- 2/3 cup shredded parmesan
- 2 Tablespoons plus 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces whole wheat fettuccini or linguini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 shallot, diced
- 5 cups kale, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup pumpkin ale
- 1 1/3 cups pure pumpkin purée
- 1 Tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the chopped bread, shredded parmesan, and 2 Tablespoons olive oil to a food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse until breadcrumbs are formed.
- Arrange breadcrumbs so that they are spread evenly across a parchment-lined baking sheet. Toast in the oven until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a stock pot of water to a boil. Salt the water and add the pasta. Cook according to package instructions, until pasta is al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and shallot and cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chopped kale to the sauté pan and cook until wilted, about 1-2 minutes. Add the pumpkin ale and adjust heat to medium-high. Simmer and cook until reduced by more than half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin purée and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Turn off the heat.
- Add the pasta to the sauté pan and season with salt and pepper. Stir until pasta is evenly coated in sauce.
- Transfer pumpkin pasta to serving plates. Top each plate with parmesan breadcrumbs. Serve immediately.
Keywords: pumpkin, kale, parmesan, maple, ale, pasta, vegetarian, healthy, easy, pumpkin pasta