This healthy white chicken chili is easy to make in the slow cooker. So richly flavorful with white beans, sweet corn, avocado, and lime!
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound organic, pastured, skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup onion, diced (about 1/3 medium onion)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 15 ounces white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lime
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 20 tortilla chips
- shredded white cheddar (optional)
- fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Add the vegetable broth, vinegar, honey, bay leaves, oregano, cumin, coriander, chili powder, and red pepper flakes to slow cooker. Whisk until well combined.
- Place chicken evenly across the bottom of the slow cooker so that it’s submerged in the broth. Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Season thoroughly with salt.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker, set the temperature to High heat, and cook for 4 hours. OR set the temperature to Low heat and cook for 6 hours.
- For the last hour of cooking time, add the corn and white beans and season with salt.
- Laddle chicken chili into serving bowls. Squeeze the lime juice all over the chopped avocado and top each bowl of chili with avocado.
- Also top with crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheddar (optional), and fresh cilantro (optional). Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: white chicken chili, chicken chili, white bean chili, healthy, easy, crockpot, slow cooker, Southwestern