Packed with delicious flavor, these Soba Noodle Broth Bowls are filling, full of fresh healthy ingredients, and vegan too! Easy to make in under 30 minutes.
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups bok choy, chopped (or substitute mini broccoli florets or baby spinach)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots (find bags of shredded carrots in the produce aisle)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons organic soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 3 cups organic vegetable broth
- 14 ounces buckwheat soba noodles
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup organic dry roasted edamame
- Heat the sesame oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, greens, carrots, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, until softenend, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, honey, ginger, and red pepper flakes and stir until well combined.
- Add the white wine and soba noodles. Cook until noodles are softened and wine is reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Add the broth and bring to a light simmer. Remove pan from heat. Use a ladle to transfer noodles to serving bowls. Top each bowl with green onions, cilantro, and edamame. Serve.
- The soy sauce adds a lot of sodium to the broth bowls, so no salt is needed in this recipe.
- If you like spiciness, try adding 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes (or more)!
Keywords: broth bowl, soba noodle, soba noodle bowl, Asian noodle bowl, vegan, vegetarian, vegetable noodle bowl