This easy-to-make Creamy Mushroom Spinach Pasta is vegetarian and ready in under 30 minutes. It’s delicious, craveable, healthy comfort food!
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 8 ounces whole wheat cavatappi pasta (or substitute farfalle or orecchiette)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small shallot, diced (about 1/2 cup diced shallot)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped (about 2–3 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup organic sour cream
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange walnuts on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Toast in the oven until lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Watch carefully, they burn quickly! Set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a stock pot of water to a boil. Salt the water and add the pasta. Cook according to package instructions, until pasta is al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the shallot and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until veggies are softened, about 4 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add the thyme and white wine and cook until wine is reduced by two-thirds, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add toasted walnuts, sour cream, and pasta to the sauté pan. Stir until pasta is evenly coated in sauce. Turn off heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Keywords: Pasta, Italian, Vegetarian, Spinach, Mushroom, Easy