Make an easy peanut butter and honey homemade dog treat for your pet. Delicious for dogs and ready in under 30 minutes!
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons organic/all-natural peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 organic, pastured egg
- 1 cup organic whole wheat flour (or rye flour or brown rice flour)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out to about half an inch thick. Cut treats with a cookie cutter and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until treats are firm to the touch.
- Before freezing or storing, allow cookies to cool and harden, about 50 minutes.
This recipe is adapted from the recipe, ‘Peanut Butter Bites’ from the book Beagle (Smart Owner’s Guide)
Always consult your veterinarian before introducing any new ingredients into your pet’s diet.
Keywords: DIY dog treats, homemade dog treats, dog treat recipe, peanut butter dog treat, peanut butter, honey, flour