A quick and easy dog cupcake recipe with peanut butter frosting. Celebrate your dog’s birthday or special day with homemade pupcakes!
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour (or substitute whole wheat flour or rye flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup organic applesauce
- 1 organic, pastured egg
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons organic plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon organic/all-natural peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, vegetable oil, applesauce, egg, and honey until well combined.
- Insert cupcake liners into a muffin or cupcake pan. Spoon mixture into cupcake liners, filling each about halfway.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir yogurt and peanut butter until mixture is smooth and creamy. Use a small spatula or butter knife to smooth thin layer of the frosting over each cupcake.
Storage: cupcakes should hold up for 4-5 days if stored in an airtight container in a cool, shaded, dry spot. Frosting should be stored separately, covered, and refrigerated. Frost cupcakes immediately before serving.
Always consult your veterinarian before introducing any new ingredients into your pet’s diet.
Keywords: homemade dog treats, DIY dog treats, dog treat recipe, pupcake, peanut butter cupcake