Total Time: 20 minutes
Prep: 8 minutes
Cook: 12 minutes
Yield: 6 side servings
For the Quinoa Salad:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
For the Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring two cups of water to a boil in a saucepan, and season with salt. Add the quinoa and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook until the water is absorbed, about 10-12 minutes. The quinoa is cooked when the spiral germ becomes visible around the grains.
- Meanwhile, prepare the lemon vinaigrette. In a bowl, whisk extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, water, honey, and dried oregano until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper and whisk again.
- In a large container, add the cooked quinoa, diced pepper, diced cucumber, feta, chopped chives, chopped parsley, and the lemon vinaigrette. Stir until well combined. Carefully fold in tomatoes.
- Serve at room temperature or store in an airtight container in the fridge and serve chilled.