Lately, Chris and I can’t get enough of those Greek-style pasta salads they sell at the grocery deli.
All those bright, crisp flavors of lemon, tomato, cucumber, and fresh herbs are so perfect and irresistible during the warm weather months.
So this weekend I decided to do my own homemade Greek-style salad, but I boosted the nutrition level by using quinoa instead of white pasta.
It’s a very quick and easy, tasty little dish.
This Greek Quinoa Salad is fresh, really flavorful, and feels so nutritious too.
You can serve it at room temperature or store it in an airtight container in the fridge and serve it chilled.
This Greek quinoa salad is a light, bright, fresh-tasting dish.
The nutty quinoa is coated with the olive oil and lemon dressing and complemented by crunchy cucumber, sweet tomatoes, and zesty fresh chives.
This salad is simple, but just looks great with all the vivid colors.
That’s what I love most about Greek flavors – they make fresh, healthy ingredients so appealing to eat!
The best part, of course: the rich, salty crumbled feta cheese throughout. Yum!
Here’s the recipe for Greek Tomato-Feta Quinoa Salad:Print
Total Time: 20 minutes
Prep: 8 minutes
Cook: 12 minutes
Yield: 6 side servings
For the Quinoa Salad:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
For the Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring two cups of water to a boil in a saucepan, and season with salt. Add the quinoa and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook until the water is absorbed, about 10-12 minutes. The quinoa is cooked when the spiral germ becomes visible around the grains.
- Meanwhile, prepare the lemon vinaigrette. In a bowl, whisk extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, water, honey, and dried oregano until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper and whisk again.
- In a large container, add the cooked quinoa, diced pepper, diced cucumber, feta, chopped chives, chopped parsley, and the lemon vinaigrette. Stir until well combined. Carefully fold in tomatoes.
- Serve at room temperature or store in an airtight container in the fridge and serve chilled.
For Related Recipes, Check Out: