Total Time: 15 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 0 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups organic frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 cups organic frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1 1/3 cups organic frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 large bananas, peeled and cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup agave (optional)
- Add the chia seeds and water to a mixing bowl and stir until all seeds have been soaked. Place the bowl in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, add the strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, bananas, and agave (optional) to a food processor or blender. Pulse until ingredients are pureed.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the fridge. The chia seeds should have absorbed most of the water, forming a gel-like consistency. Add the chia mixture to the food processor and pulse again until well combined. Serve immediately.
- Storage: Smoothie will hold up for 3-4 days if stored in the refrigerator in a covered airtight container. Alternatively, portion individual servings of the smoothie into covered, airtight containers and freeze; thaw in the fridge before serving.