I’ve been loving this detox smoothie lately.
Although writing recipes for this site keeps me on track with mostly healthy meals, my snacks are typically whatever I can quickly grab: chips or pretzels, etc.
So I really wanted to come up with something equally as quick and convenient, but also new and interesting and more nutritious too.
This detox smoothie – filled with mixed berries, banana, and healthy chia seeds – fits the bill perfectly!
First, the mixture of berries gives this detox smoothie a deep pink, beautiful, vibrant color that just looks delicious.
And this detox smoothie tastes wonderful too, slightly sweet and slightly tart.
With a rich and creamy texture that’s thick enough to eat with a spoon!
This berry-filled detox smoothie is such a healthy, nutrient-rich recipe too.
Because it’s vegan, it has absolutely no saturated fat or cholesterol.
And this healthy detox smoothie features:
- detoxifying fiber
- filling protein
- healthy minerals like manganese, potassium, and calcium
- immunity-boosting vitamin C
This detox smoothie recipe makes six generous portions, so it’s easy to store individually sized portions in the fridge or freezer for a quick and easy snack or breakfast anytime.
Or if you prefer, it’s simple to cut this recipe in half to make just a few servings.
Here’s the recipe for Triple Berry Chia Detox Smoothie:Print
Total Time: 15 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 0 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups organic frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 cups organic frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1 1/3 cups organic frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 large bananas, peeled and cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup agave (optional)
- Add the chia seeds and water to a mixing bowl and stir until all seeds have been soaked. Place the bowl in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, add the strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, bananas, and agave (optional) to a food processor or blender. Pulse until ingredients are pureed.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the fridge. The chia seeds should have absorbed most of the water, forming a gel-like consistency. Add the chia mixture to the food processor and pulse again until well combined. Serve immediately.
- Storage: Smoothie will hold up for 3-4 days if stored in the refrigerator in a covered airtight container. Alternatively, portion individual servings of the smoothie into covered, airtight containers and freeze; thaw in the fridge before serving.
For Related Recipes, Check Out: