On those impossibly sticky, humid, just heavy days of July, there is one thing I crave again and again:
Light, juicy, fresh fruit salad.
And this is the one I’ve been loving the most lately: it’s filled with tropical flavors like pineapple and kiwi and topped off with a dollop of sweet coconut cream.
The fruit is so naturally sweet and the coconut cream is so rich and full of flavor, this treat works as a dessert.
Or a side dish. Or a snack. (I like it pretty much whenever.)
The coconut cream is easy to whip together.
It’s made from coconut milk and, blended with a bit of cornstarch, develops a thick, Greek yogurt-like consistency.
It has a really scrumptious hint of sweetness (from some confectioners sugar and vanilla extract) and a tangy hint of lime (from fresh lime zest).
Bonus: since this treat is made with coconut milk, it’s vegan and cholesterol-free.
It’s bright, healthy, fresh and delicious!
Here’s the recipe for Tropical Fruit Salad with Coconut Cream (Vegan):
- Serving size: 10
- Calories: 171
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 7.8g
- Carbohydrates: 23.3g
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 0 minutes
Inactive: 6 hours
Yield: 10 servings
- 13 ounces coconut milk
- ¾ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons organic cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ watermelon, rind removed and cubed
- 1 golden ripe pineapple, peeled, cored, and cubed
- 2 kiwi, peeled, halved, and sliced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- To a mixing bowl, add the coconut milk, confectioners sugar, lime zest, cornstarch, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined, cover, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours and up to 24 hours.
- In a mixing bowl or large food storage container, stir and combine watermelon, pineapple, kiwi, and mango.
- Remove coconut mixture from fridge and, using an electric hand mixer set on low speed, whip until mixture reaches a smooth, creamy, Greek yogurt-like consistency, about 2-4 minutes.
- Spoon fruit into serving bowl and top with a dollop of coconut cream. Serve chilled.
You May Also Love: