One-dish chicken recipes are really the best of both worlds.
A one-dish chicken recipe is a hearty, healthy, delicious, comforting, meal that can please a crowd.
Plus, preparing a complete meal in one pot means it’s simple whip together, with quick and easy clean-up (hardly any dishes to wash!)
What I love about this particular one dish chicken with roasted root vegetables is that it’s healthy and delicious yet also warm, hearty, and full of rich flavor.
Because it’s so simple and easy to throw together, it’s ideal for multi-tasking (the oven does most of the work so you have time to catch up on other items on your to-do list!)
The Dijon and olive oil help keep the chicken moist.
And the delicious combo of herb-seasoned root vegetables are a tasty complement to the roasted chicken.
It’s an easy recipe that’s also comforting and healthy.
Here’s the recipe for One-Dish Dijon-Herb Roast Chicken with Root Vegetables:
- Serving size: 4
- Calories: 405
- Fat: 17.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Carbohydrates: 33.7g
- Sugar: 7.2g
- Sodium: 349mg
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Protein: 29.8g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 6 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- 5 small parsnips, roughly chopped
- 3 small red potatoes, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, Dijon mustard, garlic, and Herbes de Provence. Cut each chicken breast into three equal portions. Use a small spatula to spread a small portion of the Dijon-Herb mixture over the chicken. About 2 tablespoons of the Dijon-Herb mixture should be used in total. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and set aside (store in the fridge).
- Place the onion, carrots, parsnips, and red potatoes in a large baking dish. Season well with salt and pepper. Pour the remaining Dijon-Herb mixture all over the vegetables and stir until everything is well-combined. Cover (use foil if your dish does not have a cover), and cook the vegetables in the oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until the veggies are nearly tender when pierced with a fork.
- Nestle the chicken over the roasted veggies and place back in the oven (covered). Allow the chicken to cook for about 15-18 minutes. Uncover the dish and roast for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the Dijon-Herb mixture begins to turn golden brown and the chicken is cooked through. Serve.
You May Also Enjoy: