Grilled chicken with strawberry avocado salsa is easy to make and ready in 20 minutes. With savory feta and fresh basil, it’s healthy and full of flavor.
I can never get enough avocado in my life.
It’s just a can’t-lose ingredient that seems to perfectly complement everything from chips to chili to tacos.
And also chicken.
Chicken salad with rich, savory avocado is better than mayo, in my mind.
And slightly tart-slightly sweet strawberries.
They taste even more juicy and delicious with creamy avocado.
So this grilled chicken with avocado salsa has become one of my favorites of the summer.
It’s one of those simple and basic recipes (which are always the best kind of recipes on sticky, sweltering summer days).
Where you can whip up the avocado topping in the amount of time it takes to grill the chicken.
There’s no heating up the kitchen involved here.
And dinner’s on the table in about 20 minutes.
The combo of flavors is very simple. But at the same time, it hits every note:
Sweet, ripe, juicy, fresh summer strawberries.
Creamy and rich avocado.
Salty, savory feta.
And basil for a hint of summer freshness.
Here’s the recipe for Grilled Chicken with Strawberry Avocado Salsa:
- Serving size: 4
- Calories: 322
- Fat: 13.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Carbohydrates: 7.6g
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Sodium: 335mg
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 41.5g
- Cholesterol: 134mg
Total Time: 20 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound organic, pastured, skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup organic fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare the grill to medium heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place on the hot grill. Allow the first side to cook for about 5-7 minutes, and allow it to cook without pressing down or moving the chicken. Flip to the other side and allow it to cook about 5-7 minutes more.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and allow it to rest about 5 minutes, covered.
- In a large bowl, stir and combine the strawberries, avocado, feta, and basil.
- Top grilled chicken with heaping spoonfuls of avocado strawberry salsa, and serve.