When I eat at Thai restaurants, I’m always so impressed with the beautiful presentation, the enticing aromas, and all of the complex flavors of the dishes.
Thai dishes often feature a wide variety of different veggies, greens, and fresh herbs, so I know that there’s a ton of nutrition involved in this type of cuisine too.
So I definitely wanted to start experimenting with some Thai-inspired dishes at home, but I did want to start with ingredients that feel familiar and approachable…
A simple one-dish dinner that’s easy to cook on a weeknight and fool-proof to prepare.
I ended up with thiseasy Thai coconut curry white fish that’s made with fresh, crisp veggies like bell pepper, carrots, and green onions.
And topped with a curry sauce that’s filled with the bright, subtle flavors of lime, garlic, coconut milk, curry powder, and crushed red pepper flakes.
Simple as it is to throw together, this dish looks pretty impressive because of all of the bright, vivid colors.
And the rich aroma of the curry sauce, warm from the oven, is very enticing too.
Just toss the ingredients into a baking dish, cook it in the oven, serve it over white rice (which really soaks up all of the yummy coconut curry sauce), and you’ve got something unique and healthy for dinner that’s also easy to pull off!
Here’s the recipe for Easy Thai Coconut Curry White Fish:Print
Total Time: 50 minutes
Hands-On Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil (or substitute other neutral oil such as almond oil or organic canola oil)
- 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 green onions (scallions), chopped
- 1 pound wild-caught, certified sustainable cod (or other white fish such as haddock or halibut), cut into four equally sized portions
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To a medium baking dish, add the garlic, coconut milk, oil, lime juice, curry powder, and crushed red pepper flakes. Add a pinch of salt, and whisk ingredients until sauce is well combined.
- Add the bell pepper, carrots, and green onions, and season thoroughly with salt. Stir until vegetables are well coated with sauce and evenly distributed through the dish.
- Cover the baking dish and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven and carefully remove cover. Season the fish with salt, and nestle each piece of fish into the baking dish so that no two pieces of fish are overlapping.
- Cover the baking dish and cook for about 15-18 minutes longer, or until fish is flaky, white, and opaque through the center.
- Transfer fish to serving plates and add heaping spoonfuls of vegetables and coconut curry sauce. Top with chopped basil. Serve over rice.
For More Related Recipes, Check Out: