I’m always excited to share a recipe, like this baked cod, that looks elegant enough and tastes bright and fresh enough to impress anyone you happen to be cooking for.
With the light, delicate flavors of zesty lemon and fresh sage, this baked cod looks and tastes like a nice restaurant entrée.
But here’s the best secret:
This baked cod is actually really easy to make, with only 5 ingredients.
Plus, it’s ready in about 25 minutes.
And nearly all of that time is spent cooking the fish in the oven, freeing you up to cook a side dish or two.
No one will guess all of the hard work you did not put into it!
Here’s recipe for this 5 Ingredient Baked Cod:Print
5 Ingredient Baked Cod
- Category: Fish & Seafood Dish
- Method: Baked
Total Time: 25 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/3 pounds sustainably wild-caught cod (or other flaky white fish such as haddock or halibut)
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 Tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix lemon zest, chopped sage, and minced garlic on a cutting board until well combined.
- Arrange fish on a large casserole dish or baking sheet. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over fish, and season thoroughly with salt and pepper. Spoon lemon-sage mixture over fish so that the top of the fish is evenly coated.
- Bake until fish is solid white, flaky, and cooked through to the center, about 20-25 minutes.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil over baked fish, and serve.
For Related Recipes, Check Out:
Easy Thai: Coconut Curry White Fish
Summer Grilled Coconut-Lime White Fish Packets
20-Minute Tomato-Basil Grilled Fish Foil Packets