I love, and always will love, making healthy baked French fries at home.
But these days, I’ve been switching out the potatoes for carrots.
And I’m loving them even more than the traditional kind.
Parmesan Herb Carrot Fries are so delicious, they actually make you want, crave, and look forward to eating nutritious carrots (who knew that was possible?)
It only takes a few ingredients to transform bland carrots to something addictive and amazing tasting!
My personal opinion after enjoying these fries: people only think they don’t like veggies because, so often, they’re served plain (just simply steamed or boiled).
What these fries aren’t: crispy on the outside, like they would be if you’d covered them in batter and put them in a deep fryer.
What they are: very healthy and extremely addictive and yummy!
The herbs, garlic, and parmesan make these fries so flavorful.
And yet they’re light and packed with nutrition.
My new goal: make every veggie side dish taste this good!
Here’s the recipe for Parmesan Herb Carrot Fries:Print
Total Time: 24 minutes
Prep: 12 minutes
Cook: 12 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 3 large carrots, peeled, quartered, and cut into equally sized quarter-inch thick strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Arrange the carrot strips on a parchment-lined baking sheet so that no two are overlapping. Using a basting brush, coat the tops of each strip with the olive oil. Sprinkle the thyme and garlic over the fries. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the fries about 10-12 minutes, or until the fries are easily pierced with a fork. Immediately after removing from the oven, sprinkle the fries with parmesan. Serve.
For Related Recipes, Check Out: