Many years ago, I’d often store a bag of frozen breaded and fried chicken tenders in the freezer, just for those hectic, over scheduled days when I didn’t want to put a lot of effort into dinner preparation.
Those days are a very distant memory now, since I’ve learned it’s nearly as easy to make breaded, baked chicken strips at home.
This recipe is quick and simple to prepare (ready in about 30 minutes), and the chicken strips are every bit the comforting, crispy, flavorful dish I tend to crave the most on those crazy days.
The chicken is coated with a thin layer of Dijon to keep it tender and moist.
And the crispy golden breading is filled with freshly grated parmesan and a couple of key seasonings for lots of savory flavor.
While the chicken bakes in the oven, I throw together an easy, 3-ingredient honey Dijon dipping sauce that’s a really tasty complement.
But the best part, in my opinion, is the fact that, unlike processed chicken strips, I know and trust every ingredient that goes into this dish.
That’s got to be one reason homemade always tastes so much better!
Here’s the recipe for Easy Baked Parmesan Dijon Chicken Tenders:
- Serving size: 4
- Calories: 327
- Fat: 11.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrates: 10.4g
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 841mg
- Fiber: .7g
- Protein: 35.8g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 20 ounces organic, pastured (grass-fed) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup organic Dijon mustard
- ⅔ cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup parmesan, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2½ tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons organic dijon mustard
- 1½ tablespoons organic honey
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut chicken breasts into evenly-sized strips (ensuring that chicken strips are equally sized will allow them to cook evenly in the oven).
- Spread a thin layer of Dijon over each side of each chicken strip.
- To a large dish or tray, stir and combine the panko, grated parmesan, thyme, and garlic powder. Place each chicken strip in panko mixture, flipping, ensuring every side is well coated with breading.
- Arrange chicken strips on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Pour olive oil all over the tops of each chicken strip. Season chicken thoroughly with salt and pepper.
- Cook in the oven until tops are crispy and lightly browned, about 24-26 minutes.
- Meanwhile, as chicken is cooking, prepare Honey Dijon Dipping Sauce: add the three ingredients (dijon, honey, and thyme) to a bowl and stir until well combined. Serve alongside chicken tenders.
You May Also Love: